Sun Valley, CA
Quixote Studios is one of the nation’s premier film and television studios and is looking for a full-time Systems Engineer to join the IT Department. This position will be responsible for the design and ongoing support of various servers, systems and technologies, while providing support of high demand, mission critical, complex business applications and functions for employees and external clients nationwide. Typical responsibilities include installation and configuration of IT systems and applications, performing availability and performance monitoring, testing, troubleshooting and developing detailed documentation, communications and project planning. The ideal candidate must have excellent documentation skills, be able to follow instructions, and work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Implement and deploy scalable solutions for a diverse mission-critical IT environment, including Cisco, Windows, Veeam, and VMware ESXi systems
- Identify, research, evaluate, and implement emerging technologies.
- Ensure completion of backups in the data center to meet company’s backup policy.
- Support and optimization of the IT infrastructure stack (OS, Storage, Network, Database, and Virtualization) maintaining high availability of the systems.
- Installation and rebuilding of new server OS, systems hardware, peripherals, services, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and requirements.
- Help desk and on-call support 24/7 including Quixote drivers and rental clients.
- Day to day user account management, including administering Active Directory, Google Workspace, Office 365, other Saas and internal applications.
- Change management for IT operations.
- Maintain, update, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair systems, networks, and IT related services.
- Remotely support a range of basic to advanced users over the phone, text, video chat and email.
- Provide production support including problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue.
- Manage and support multiple VOIP phone systems including cloud and on prem.
- Manage and support multi-vendor physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure.
- Manage and support multi-vendor physical and virtual software/infrastructure.
- Manage and support multi-vendor physical and virtual security, including security systems, cameras, secure networks, antivirus, access control, firewalls and DMZ’s
- Establish vendor relationships.
- Support employees with both BYOD and company issued mobile phones.
- Support and knowledge of Quixote IT rentals IE: WiFi boxes, printers, phones
- Maintain service SLA’s, including resolving escalated cases and creating company wide solutions.
- Knowledge of Quixote vehicles inside and out. (start and stop procedures, hardware locations, hardware setup, client expectations)
- Knowledge of audio and visual, AV automation, 70 Volt distributed sound.
- Knowledge of Quixote physical locations procedures.
- Conduct one on one and group training sessions with employees.
- Quixote IT green initiatives – E-waste recycling
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience with the ability to demonstrate capabilities.
- 3+ years of work experience in technology, technology consulting, and IT support, required.
- A basic understanding of Mac OSX is required.
- A strong understanding of Windows 10, Windows Server, Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 is required.
- A strong understanding of Window Active Directory administration and Group Policy, Powershell scripts.
- Backup and replication, and DR experience.
- PRTG, SolarWinds, WatchDog – Server\Environmental Monitoring experience.
- A strong understanding of WLAN and LAN network design, installation and troubleshooting is required.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems. independently as well as in collaboration with other technical staff.
- Highly detail oriented with a proven commitment to high quality workmanship.
- Exhibits strong decision making, and leadership skills.
- Excellent, thorough, and methodical problem-solving skills
- A true desire to meet and exceed the expectations of internal and external clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Top tier customer service and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of commonly used technology concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize a constantly changing workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess an inclination for learning new technologies quickly.
- MSP experience is a plus
- Microsoft, Cisco, Vmware, networking certifications are a plus
- Possesses or working toward Microsoft Certification, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ is a plus
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Ability to travel to our different location.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation, a mobile phone, and a reliable high-speed Internet connection from wherever you live.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- An interest in the entertainment industry, a plus
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Google Workspace admin expert (Google Apps, Chrome)
- MS Office Suite / Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive)
- Desktop operating systems: Windows 10 / OSX
- Windows Server, IIS,
- Firewalls and Security
- Backup / DR solutions
- SSL Certificate Management
- PRTG System Monitors
- Mobile platforms: IOS, Android
- IT Management – Samanage, Jira, Confluence
- ShoreTel VoIP, RingCentral cloud VoIP telephone systems
- Mobile networking hardware: Cradlepoint, Peplink
- WAN, WLAN, LAN Networking: Cisco and Meraki
- System hardware: Lenovo, HP, Dell (desktops and laptops), Dell, HP, Cisco (servers)
- Low Voltage, AV cabling and infrastructure, design, best practices and installation
Sun Valley, CA
Quixote Studios is the entertainment industry’s premier studio & equipment rental company with locations across America. https://quixote.com/
Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Dust, mechanical hazards, moving objects, operating vehicle, and shift work.
Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 50 pounds and manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 160 pounds of product, et cetera.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
Quixote Studios will consider for employment any qualified applicant with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirement of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Quixote Studios is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Quixote Studios will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Quixote Studios legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf