Hollywood, CA 90038
Quixote Studios is one of the nation’s premier film and television studios and is looking for a full-time Lot Attendant for our Hollywood location. This position is responsible for directing vehicles and client traffic and assisting with the day-to-day shift operations. The Lot attendant will be an integral part of the Production Supplies and Service Team. Our ideal candidate is service minded, has great judgment and is able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Complete a through physical inspection of trucks before rental and after return (pre/post check inspections)
- Operate trucks in constricted areas by safely maneuvering and parking trucks in the rental lot to maximize organization and efficiency of the lot space
- Monitor and facilitate the successful daily operation of parking structures and lots through the implementation of department policies, procedures, and operational guidelines
- Communicate traffic and parking rules and other information to guests and pedestrians
- Maintain the overall organization, cleanliness, and appearance of the lot
- Routinely ensure trucks are cleaned & fueled
- Ensure the brand integrity and continuity of the fleet is upheld at all times
- Communicate all maintenance needs and schedule to all appropriate parties (maintenance office and on-site mechanic)
- Accurately and thoroughly complete necessary paperwork
- Complete all tasks in a safe manner following all safety and compliance protocols
- Ensure a positive client experience through exceptional customer service
- Operate truck in a safe and efficient manner, following all state and DOT regulations at all times, to make deliveries or run errands as requested by management
- Manage lot security – greet and direct clients upon pick-up and return for the Trucks, Production Supplies, or expendables division, on a rotating schedule
- All other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of recent relevant experience
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to operate vehicles with both manual and automatic transmissions preferred
- Basic vehicle maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to anticipate needs and multi- task in a high-volume environment
- Must be reliable, professional and possess good judgment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and effective, clear communication skills
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the companys insurance carrier
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED required
- An interest in the entertainment industry, a plus
Quixote Studios is the entertainment industry’s premier studio & equipment rental company with locations across America. https://quixote.com/
Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Dust, mechanical hazards, moving objects, operating vehicle, and shift work.
Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 50 pounds and manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 160 pounds of product, et cetera.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
Quixote Studios will consider for employment any qualified applicant with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirement of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Quixote Studios is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Quixote Studios will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Quixote Studios legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf