Los Angeles, CA
Quixote Studios is looking for a full-time Technician Apprentice to support our Sun Valley location. This position will specialize in Brakes, Safety Inspection and Generator Maintenance and will be an integral part of the Studio Services and Fleet Teams. Our ideal candidate has mechanical knowledge and is eager to work for one of the nation’s premier studio & equipment rental companies.
- Disassemble and assemble electric drum brakes
- Troubleshoot and repair brake system wiring
- Remove and install bearings, studs, brakes pads, spring, magnets, etc
- Remove, repair, and install 7-way plugs, wiring, and breakaway device
- Remove and install trailer suspension parts
- Perform preventive maintenance on RV generators and fuel system
- Perform Periodic Safety Inspections (CA/FMCSA)
- Perform pre-delivery inspection
- Perform basic welding tasks
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain RV
- Build, install, repair, and maintain cabinetry
- Brakes, Safety Inspection and Generator Maintenance
- Workload planning and Technician assignments
- Maintenance of facility and shop equipment
- Process all paperwork regarding equipment damage and report to management
- Proper disposal of hazardous waste materials
- Follows and adheres to safety rules, regulations, and proper use of equipment that pertains to each job skill and qualification
- All other duties as assigned
- Flexibility to support rental operation during non-business hours (i.e. holidays, weekends, and evenings as needed)
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Possess basic computer skills – MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Gmail)
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines. Demonstrating accuracy in the execution of assigned tasks
- Ability to anticipate needs and adapt to changes in a high-volume environment
- Must be reliable, professional and possess good judgment
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and climb ladder/steps
- Possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Quixote Studios is the entertainment industry’s premier studio & equipment rental company with locations across America. https://quixote.com/
Sun Valley, CA
Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Dust, mechanical hazards, moving objects, operating vehicle, and shift work.
Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
Quixote Studios will consider for employment any qualified applicant with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirement of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Quixote Studios is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Quixote Studios will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Quixote Studios legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf