Los Angeles, CA
Quixote Studios is one of the nation’s premier film and television studios and is looking to add a full-time Facilities Maintenance member to their growing team. This position will perform a variety of cleaning duties to ensure our stages and facilities are representative of the legendary service that our clients deserve. The ideal candidate is service minded, detail oriented and a team player.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash bins.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms.
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators in break rooms
- Restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and common areas.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and office equipment
- Prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks
- Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe, and operable condition.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
- Notify supervisor when there is a need for major repairs.
- Assist with the set-up, arrangement, and removal of decorations, tables, and chairs when necessary.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals (when necessary)
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of recent relevant experience, janitorial and maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills of the methods, materials and equipment used in cleaning and janitorial duties.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Ability to anticipate needs and multi- task in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to prioritize workflow.
- Must be reliable, professional and possess good judgment.
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively and establish good working relationships with internal employees and external clients.
- Ability to work independently, safely, and efficiently.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- An interest in the entertainment industry, a plus
Los Angeles, CA
Quixote Studios is the entertainment industry’s premier studio & equipment rental company with locations across America. https://quixote.com/
Activities include regularly working in outside weather conditions, exposure to extremes of temperature, visibility, wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. Noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Dust, mechanical hazards, moving objects, operating vehicle, and shift work.
Requirements are representative of those needed to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy work: requires ability to lift, twist and carry up to 50 pounds and manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 160 pounds of product, et cetera.
Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
Quixote Studios will consider for employment any qualified applicant with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirement of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Quixote Studios is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Quixote Studios will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Quixote Studios legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf